- Foralumab is a fully-human monoclonal anti-CD3 antibody, in-licensed from Novimmune SA in December 2014. It is being developed for treatment of inflammatory and autoimmune diseases.
- Point mutations in the constant portion (Fc) of the antibody to minimize adverse immune responses (Cytokine Release Syndrome or CRS) produced by other anti-CD3 antibody therapeutics.
- Foralumab binds to the T cell receptor complex (TCR) modulating levels of regulatory and effector T cells and the inflammatory response.
- We believe that oral and intranasal administration of Foralumab has the potential to reduce inflammation while minimizing the toxicity and related side effects associated with intravenous administration.
- Foralumab can be a potential therapy for nonalcoholic steatohepatitis, or NASH, and Crohn’s disease as well as neurodegenerative diseases such as multiple sclerosis, or MS.